There are a few different ways to utilize the zest of our favorite citrus fruits – which one you use depends upon the end result you’re going for – long strips, thinly minced, or somewhere in between.
Of course, what dish you’re incorporating the zest into should be considered.
Continue reading Proper zesting techniques
This is a new recipe I tried tonight, adapted slightly from GimmeSomeOven.com here.
I really was going to make my own hummus but I couldn’t find sesame tahini paste. So I used store-bought hummus, plain. I would definitely be open to trying this recipe again, experimenting with different flavors of hummus.
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 large zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 large yellow squash, chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow or white onion, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil, plus a bit more for cooking the chicken
- about 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/2 lemon, cut into slices
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (or about 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice)
- about 1 tsp paprika
You will also need cooking spray.
Continue reading Lemony hummus chicken and summer squash