After I made pickled hot peppers with jalapenos and habaneros I was wondering what to do with them. I considered putting them in chili, but I’m so attached to my specific chili recipe I use that I didn’t want to alter it in any way.
However, tonight I used pickled hot peppers instead of green chilis in cream cheese chicken enchiladas, and it worked out fantastically.
Give it a try.
Better yet, let me know if you have a recipe that specifically calls for pickled hot peppers.
I hadn’t made enchiladas for years – the last time I did I made them with beef and I just wasn’t crazy about them.
But I found this recipe from TheSpiffyCookie.com and it will most definitely be going into the dinner rotation. “Add it to the list!” as the fiance says.
- 2 1/2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 5 oz enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided (or, half cup Cheddar, half cup Monterey Jack)
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (I used Del Monte summer crisp corn)
- 2 oz diced green chiles
- 1/2 tsp chili powder*
- salt and pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced and divided
- 4 (8-inch) tortilla wraps
*The original recipe also calls for a tiny bit of cumin, which I happen to be out of at the moment, but the recipe worked fine without it.
Continue reading Cream cheese chicken enchiladas