I haven’t had much time for cooking lately, but I made my fiance’s favorite tonight: spaghetti and meatballs. This meatball recipe was adapted slightly from Cooking with Beer, a cookbook that just came out this year.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- butter or cooking spray for greasing
- 1 (12 oz) bottle light beer
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
You only need one beer – the second one pictured here was just for me.