If you’re looking for a classic macaroni salad, check out this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.
If you want to veer of the beaten path a little bit, I discovered this one a few weeks ago from ASpicyPerspective.com and have made it twice with rave reviews.
- 16 oz dried macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 (12 oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped kale
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water.
In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, hot sauce, garlic, and salt and pepper. Pour the macaroni in the bowl; mix thoroughly.
Add peppers, kale, bacon, relish, and scallions. Toss well.
It tastes its best if you let it chill for a few hours or overnight before eating.
Makes 12 servings.