Oh my gosh. This is so. Good.
And if you try to stay away from red meat, I bet it works great with chicken too.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 chipotle peppers with adobo sauce, minced (come in 7 oz cans)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 (9 or 10 inch) flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (optional, seriously tastes great without it)
- Pico de Gallo salsa*
*Pico de Gallo salsa – this is the recipe I use, which I love, but by all means use a different one if you wish. Once again this is from FlavorMosiac.com, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite recipe sites.
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
Use your judgement here – keep your own personal preference in mind in terms of spiciness (remember, the beef has chipotle peppers in it, which is also spicy), and the size of the vegetables can of course vary greatly. The recipe calls for one onion but I didn’t end up using the whole thing. Also, you can omit the salt if you really want to.