Mmm, chicken fiesta soup.
If it’s seemed like I’ve done a lot of slow cooker recipes lately…it’s because I’ve done a lot of slow cooker recipes lately. Anyone else just not feel like cooking when you get home from work lately?
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 2 (4 oz) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 (28 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- tortilla strips, for garnish (optional)
- 8 oz shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
Combine all ingredients except for tortilla strips and cheese in the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
Fill individual bowls. Garnish with tortilla strips and/or cheese if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
It really is a fiesta.