This is a special Friday night Game Night. We stayed up late like the big kids that we are. It included two Game Night Food Competitions: chicken, and ice cream.
You almost can’t tell from the below picture, because I am having a really great hair day here, but I have embarrassed myself for a third time.
Game Night 06-19-15 (Part One): Chicken-a-Thon
- Competition was for the best chicken dish.
- Other food enjoyed: Chips with a-freaking-mazing artichoke dip (do check out that link – the name is not lying. People who came late missed out because we devoured it all) and pasta with garlic scape pesto.
- Games played: King of Tokyo and Splendor.
- Reining Champion Sarah Hodges with Honey Maple Siracha Chicken
- Challenger Erin Nudi with Feta and Bacon Stuffed Chicken
- Kristi LaMonica
- Jennifer Nudi
- Ryan Nudi
- Tara Nudi
- Brian Senesac
- Melissa Severson
- Presentation (10%)
- Mouthfeel (20%)
- Texture (10%)
- Moistness (5%)
- Overall Flavor (50%)
The major difference between the two is that Sarah’s was grilled and mine was baked.
Final score out of 300 points:
- Sarah’s chicken: 236
- Erin’s chicken 230
Comments from the judges:
- “I might be biased because I have baked chicken all the time. . .grilled chicken tastes fresh/exotic to me.”
- “Both need more seasoning.”
- Three judges commented they wanted more filling in mine.
- Two judges thought Sarah’s was grilled at too high a temperature.
- Two judges couldn’t taste the bacon with Sarah’s.
- Two judges thought mine needed a stronger flavor.
I think the judges as a whole are getting tougher!
Sarah’s chicken is from PredominatelyPaleo.com, with the following alterations:
- Worcestershire sauce was subbed in for coconut aminos.
- After marinating overnight the chicken was wrapped in brown sugar bacon and secured with toothpicks.
- She recommends medium grill heat. Not high! Cook so the bacon doesn’t burn.
Check out part two of Game Night: Great Even Late.