This is an excellent dish I first tried a few weeks ago, and we ate it outside on one of the first actual nice days of the year.
This chicken parm recipe is brought to us by GimmeSomeOven.com.
- 12 oz uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (about 2 small chicken breasts)
- 1 (24 oz) jar pasta sauce of choice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- about 1 tbsp dried basil (or 1/4 cup fresh, roughly chopped)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, return to pot, and toss with pasta sauce and chicken.
My chicken was pretty finely shredded – the first time I made it it was completely minced. Personal preference, of course.
When mixed well, pour half of the pasta mixture into a casserole dish. Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese, half the Parmesan cheese, and half the basil.
Top with remaining pasta, then remaining cheeses and basil.
(Note: You can wait until the end when it comes out of the oven to top with remaining Parmesan and basil for more of a garnish, if desired.)
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.