This dish is almost a one-meal dish, and almost a side dish, but it’s actually neither.
It can stand as the main course, but, a nice vegetable on the side goes quite nicely; this time I paired mine with chopped broccoli, cooked for just 2 minutes in boiling water, and seasoned with garlic salt and lemon pepper.
This one I found on ThirtyHandmadeDays.com.
- 1 pound ground beef or sirloin
- 1 1/4 oz (or 1 envelope) dry onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 (14.5 oz) canned tomatoes, drained
- 1 to 2 oz canned sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheese of choice (optional)
Note: I added the mushrooms and cheese this time, but have had this meal without them; it’s equally as good either way.