This is a very popular AllRecipes.com recipe, but I had to make it a few times and give it a few alterations to get it just right.
I make chicken for dinner *a lot* and this is not one of the simpler ones.
However, it is absolutely excellent. Pair with a simple steamed vegetable or two and you can have an impressive yet not over the top dinner for guests.
Or just a savory meal for two.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and cut in half
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp light corn syrup*
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tsp dried parsley (or fresh if you have it)
*You can probably do without this if you don’t already have corn syrup in the house. Don’t make a special trip to the store just for that.