This recipe is brought to us from the latest Food Network Magazine.
The reason I latched onto this one when I found it is because it specifically calls for “pickled jalapenos” – I had been looking for dishes to add mine to.
That being said, no worries if you don’t have any – regular will do just fine.
Also, as I mentioned in my last post, my oven is currently on the fritz, so this was put together in a Dutch oven instead. I simply turned the fries around every once in awhile so the ones on the bottom didn’t get burned.
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp chili powder, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cup chopped mozzarella cheese
- chopped cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- chopped pickled jalapenos, for garnish