The fiance would be perfectly content if I made spaghetti and meatballs every single night – so long as the meatballs are homemade, of course.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- generous dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the meat in a large mixing bowl. Add salt, black pepper, onion, garlic salt, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Mix well.
Add the milk, cheese, and breadcrumbs, and mix again.
Form into 1 1/2 inch meatballs.
Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until pink in the center.
Serve with your favorite pasta and sauce.
Makes 2 servings.
That’s a spicy meatball.