Sausage, peppers, and onions is a classic dish I’ve made many times.
However, I used to simply throw all the ingredients in one pan, and heat until everything was just cooked; the peppers and onions were typically still semi-crunchy.
This time, I adapted a recipe from How to Cook Everything, wherein the onions are completely caramelized and the peppers separate easily with a fork.
It was a great change-up, and will likely be my go-to sausage, peppers, and onions recipe going forward.
- 1/2 medium white onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- salt and black pepper
- 1 large turkey Kielbasa sausage, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces*
*Hot Italian sausage also works great.