Thank you to TheWholesomeDish.com for this one. You simply cannot beat a one dish meal that’s ready in about half an hour and has a Chinese flair to boot.
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless, chicken tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
- 10 oz linguine, broken in half
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, peeled and cut into 3-inch strips
- 1 bunch green onions, white part minced, green part cut into 3-inch strips
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- a generous helping of red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Ready? Throw all the ingredients in a large pot (the pasta is hiding underneath in the above photo). Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes (stirring on occasion), or until the chicken is cooked through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
Volia! Lo mein at home.