I can’t remember where I found this one, but it was advertised as a copycat recipe for Olive Garden’s salad dressing; it’s not. However, it is quite good nevertheless – it’s almost a merging of Ranch-style and Italian-style dressings.
If you know the origin of this recipe, please comment or email me so I can give them credit.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of sugar
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
Continue reading Creamy salad dressing
Although I’ve had this recipe from The Rookie Cook Cookbook for a long time, I just made it for the first time tonight. Honestly, it’s not something I probably would have tried on my own but you-know-who has been professing his love for creamed corn for years.
- 3 bacon slices, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp chicken bouillon powder
- sprinkle of pepper
- 2 (10 oz) cans cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn (frozen, canned, or fresh)
- chopped green onions or fresh chives
Continue reading Creamed corn chowder