I hadn’t made enchiladas for years – the last time I did I made them with beef and I just wasn’t crazy about them.
But I found this recipe from TheSpiffyCookie.com and it will most definitely be going into the dinner rotation. “Add it to the list!” as the fiance says.
- 2 1/2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 5 oz enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided (or, half cup Cheddar, half cup Monterey Jack)
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (I used Del Monte summer crisp corn)
- 2 oz diced green chiles
- 1/2 tsp chili powder*
- salt and pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced and divided
- 4 (8-inch) tortilla wraps
*The original recipe also calls for a tiny bit of cumin, which I happen to be out of at the moment, but the recipe worked fine without it.