This is a new recipe I tried tonight, adapted slightly from GimmeSomeOven.com here.
I really was going to make my own hummus but I couldn’t find sesame tahini paste. So I used store-bought hummus, plain. I would definitely be open to trying this recipe again, experimenting with different flavors of hummus.
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 large zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 large yellow squash, chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow or white onion, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil, plus a bit more for cooking the chicken
- about 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/2 lemon, cut into slices
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (or about 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice)
- about 1 tsp paprika
You will also need cooking spray.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Then, chop up your veggies and toss them in a bowl with 1/2 tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and then brown briefly in oil on the stove top.
Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and spread the vegetables out.
Place the chicken breasts on top of the vegetables; spread hummus over chicken, then add the lemon juice. Place the lemon slices around the chicken, and finish the whole thing off with a generous sprinkling of paprika.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes 2 servings.